Chapter 132I-116 of the Washington Administrative Code (WAC) explains the Colleges' traffic and parking regulations; and it is the responsibility of every parking permit holder to be familiar with them.
Students, staff, and faculty with parking permits may park on campus to the extent that spaces are available as follows:
- Student parking is limited to areas designated for students with a valid “HC/CWU student”
- Carpool parking is limited to spaces designated for carpools with a valid “CARPOOL” parking
- Staff/Faculty daytime parking is limited to areas designated for staff/faculty parking.
- Parking after 4:00 P.M. is on a first-come, first-served basis in the East, South and North
parking areas, with the exception of disabled and visitor parking.
- Disabled parking stalls are available throughout the campus and can be utilized only by
vehicles displaying valid "STATE DISABLED" permit or "DISABLED PLATE". Vehicles with a valid
“STATE DISABLED” decal or plate can also park in any available stalls, including “STAFF/FACULTY,
CARPOOL, and VISITOR” parking, and do not require a HC parking permit.
The person to whom a permit is issued is responsible for all violations of the Parking and Traffic Rules and Regulations involving the vehicle for which it is registered at the College or to which it is affixed.
How to Appeal a Citation
Pubic Safety Officers and other parking enforcement staff issue citations for traffic and parking
violations. The fine for parking and traffic citations is $58 per violation with the exception of
parking in a disabled parking space for which the fine is $250 per citation. If you receive a citation
you must pay the fine within 20 days or you may appeal the citation. The penalties for violations are
listed in WAC 132I-116-270.
All appeals are filed online. The form can be found at the Public Safety
Instructions for Parking Appeals
- Go to http://campussafety.highline.edu/forms.php
- Open the Parking Citation Appeal form and save it to your desktop.
- Fill out the Parking Citation Appeal form completely and save.
- Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once the form is received please allow for 3-10 days for a response.
I have read and agree with the rules and regulations and I am ready to purchase my full-time parking permit.